Self Managed Super Funds Property
Buying direct property via a self managed super fund (SMSF) is a smart strategy that enables you to earn superior returns in a highly tax effective manner.
- Australian Property Masters SMSF property service includes:
- Strategy discussion to ensure property fits within your overall financial goals
- Extensive market research to identify suitable suburbs, states etc etc
- Searching and shortlisting
- Analysis of rental returns and comparable property values
- Referral to a local property manager
The beauty of investing in property with your super is that it doesn’t affect your daily cashflow. However, just because a property is being purchased within an SMSF does not reduce the need for proper research and analysis. In fact you need to be extra careful and diligent in doing your research to create your retirement fund.
Benefits of SMSF Property Investment
- Greater control of your own investments
- Ability to borrow safely via non-recourse loans
- Only 15% tax on net rental income
- Zero capital gains tax on income or capital gain after age 60
- If you haven’t yet set up a SMSF, we can refer you to an accredited professional to create the right structures at an affordable cost.
What type of real estate can I buy as an SMSF investment property?
- You can buy residential, commercial or industrial property
- You cannot buy your own principal place of residence in a SMSF
- You can however, buy your own commercial premises and lease back to your company.